67 Buick Special

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The 1967 Buick Special


Well, it's a sweet car.

Initially I have been attracted to purchasing a Chevelle, but lets be honest- They're too expensive. So when I saw this baby advertised at $6500, and could talk the guy down to $5300 I bit. Know I own it.

I know Buicks have the rep of your Grandpas car, or the executives car, but it seems buying the cheaper car is more in keeping in line with the muscle car tradition than buyying the more expensive car with the name.

So here I am with this Special. The Special was the unoptioned version of the SkyLark. Relatively few were made in 1967, on the order or 5-6000 2 door coupes. I like it better than the skylark because it does not have so many badges and the funny rear wheel thing going on in the back. If you notice, it is the same body style as the 67 Chevelle and GTO, only a little more class. I personally like it better.

This one here has a 300 C.I. V8 with a 2 barrel Carb. It is called the 310 wildcat engine, since it produces 310 lbs. of torque. It's not the most powerful, but still fun to drive and I get a lot of feedback!

6 Comments:

  • Hi from Chattanooga,Tn.Loved the Buick.I have one myself.It had the 300cid until the guy I had working onit let the block freeze,and crack.I put a 350 Buick in it.Its still a work in progress but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    By Blogger a4rlbro, at 11:51 PM  

  • We have a 67 buick special also but have a hard time finding replacement panels for it and interior peieces

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:20 PM  

  • Hi, from Maynardville, TN. I have a 1967 Buick Special Sport coupe I purchased new. Still have the canceled check I wrote for it. It has over 260 thousand miles on the 300 cid 2 barrel without a rebuild. Only thing done to the engine was to replace the timming gear. It still looks and runs great. Had to paint it a couple of times. A tree fell over it once and it withstood baseball size hail balls without having a glass broken. It did break the rear tail lights but I replaced them and had the dents fixed and painted. I try to keep it as close to original as possible except for the transmission. I had the original 3 speed manual shift replaced with an automatic after the 50 thousand mile warantee run out. The only requirement to replacing the transmission was that it looked and worked as if it came from the factory with an automatic. These are great cars.

    By Blogger AC4RB, at 9:35 PM  

  • Hi I am from Cape Canaveral, FL and am currently building a 1967 Buick 300 for a customer ... unfortunately he took it apart himself and lost the distributor drive gear from the front of the camshaft ... I have searched hi and low and found it nowhere .. discontinued, or m.i.a. no matter who I talk to .. can you help at all with a direction or contact to get my hands on that gear so I can finish this beauty ??? oh by the way your ride looks really sweet :-)

    thanks
    eric
    p.s. my email is ekr333@yahoo.com thanks !!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 PM  

  • cute car, i have a 1967 buick special 4 dr. gold 300/ 8cyl . 11.000 origanal miles , origanal shape , oh my dad had this same car back in the 70s . i love it , and get a lot of nice coments , because it is special . im living my teenage hood all over again . peace man . from middletown ct.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

  • I realize this is an old post however, I have a 1967 Buick Special Delux Sport Coupe which I bought new at Raley Vaughn Buick in Rodgersville TN. I ordered it special with my own requests. I still have it with approximately 270,000 miles on the original engine. Still starts and runs great. I still have the original warranted metal card with it and manual.

    By Blogger AC4RB, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home